Thursday, August 25, 2011

3 Truths and 1 Lie AGAIN

I haven't done my 3 truths and 1 lie meme in a few weeks and although I normally do it on Friday, tomorrow is "Christa Talks to The Teen" and I will be hosting Aliya here. (NOTE: Make sure you write any "teen" questions you have in the comments below and I'll try to get Aliya to answer them before tomorrow).

And now, on to the events of this week...remember to guess which one is the lie in the comments below...

1. I was on the phone with the health insurance people for over an hour this morning while they picked apart my medical history and asked annoying questions.

Health Insurance Woman: Have you at any time ever had thoughts of suicide or killing yourself?
Me: You mean other than in the past hour of this phone call?

2. In a moment of MAJOR earthquake concern, I texted my New York bestie to find out if she was okay. Her response, "I was using my vibrator at the time of the quake so didn't even feel it." Yes, she rules something fierce.

3. I wrote the following in an editorial letter this week, "I can't exactly get behind this one considering our 'hero' has sex with 3 different women before he even meets the heroine. What kind of spineless girl would sign on for this walking STD petrie dish?"

4. I totally finished my MANHOLE revisions and now am merely waiting for my agent to send me an email telling me they are brilliant and also telling me her ideas for changing the title (I know, double ugh, what are you going to do?)

So what's your guess??? Which one is the lie?

13 comments:

Heather Howland said...

As funny as it is, I'm going with the NY bestie. The earthquake was in Virginia, yes?

Stephanie said...

I'm guessing #4 is the lie. Maybe I'm behind the times, but I thought you mentioned a little while ago you were working on GESTAPO revisions, not MANHOLE revisions. I hope it's a lie because I really like the title!

Heather said...

LOL! Wow, I'm not sure, but I'll have to go with #2. These are fun!

A.J. Mullarky said...

Haha, I'm guessing number 4. If number 2 is true, it's hilarious.

Monica B.W. said...

Nice ones!
I'll also go with #2 :D

A.L. Sonnichsen said...

You make me laugh, lady! I can't wait to read your books because I'm sure they're as gutsy as your three truths and a lie. lol!

I think #4 because I don't think your wonderful agent will REALLY want to mess with your title. I mean, it's perfect! ;)

Amy

E.R. King said...

Lol! I don't want to guess which isn't true because I want them all to be true! But if I had to guess, I'll go with 4. I like the title of your book, too, and I don't want it to change!

Bruce said...

#1 is a universal experience. #2 is really want to be true. It reminds me of my neighbor calling in a gas leak when our other neighbors cooked Indain food. I'm guessing that #3 is a lie because you had sex with three or more guys before you met your hero, you shameless hussy.

M.J. Fifield said...

I really have no idea which one's the lie but the first three are hysterical.

Mandie Baxter said...

Love these! I'm picking #3! I know 1 is true, 2 is hilarious & I'm hoping you are done w/ revisions!

The East Coaster said...

I'm hoping with everything I have that #2 is true.

erica and christy said...

I'm always wrong, but I'll say 1 because my insurance people are really, really boring.
erica

Alexis Bass Writes said...

Oh, this one is easy :) No. 4. Your agent doesn't have MANHOLE she has the other one. Will she be looking at MANHOLE soon?

Love your NYC bestie. That is too funny!