Okay, the next few bloggy months are going to be very busy and I wanted to do a bit of catching up since I have some new followers. Yay to new and old followers! You are all made of awesome for reading my ramblings. And hopefully, you will be rewarded because September is FULL of giveaways.
1. This Friday (Sept 2) I will be hosting a guest blog with Terry Tibke about his new graphic novel UPGRADER. And yes, that does involve a giveaway so be sure to stop by.
2. Tuesday Sept. 6 is my INSIDE THE AUTHOR'S STUDIO interview with the ultra-fab Talli Roland. I'm giving away a copy of her book THE HATING GAME and you'll get to hear what job she would like to try other than writing.
3. Grab yourself a badge from my sidebar, my friends, because the EPIC "I LOVE DARK YA" Blogfest is coming up in November. You can sign up for it anytime between October 1-31st at YAtopia.blogspot.com but feel free to grab your badge in advance and proclaim your love of the Dark YA. Also, you can put a badge on your sidebar to promote the fest even if you aren't participating because you are doing NaNoWriMo (btw, I'm totally doing both, that's how fun and low key this blogfest will be).
4. And speaking of Blogfests, I'm doing a giveaway in conjunction with Banned Books week at the end of September. I will be giving away at least 3 books (only one for sure is Sarah Ockler's TWENTY BOY SUMMER, the other two are TBD).
5. And finally, Mark asked me what my favorite YA books are. Well, this changes all the time because of the greatness of all the new YA books out there, but my current favorites (not in any order) are:
Boy Toy by Barry Lyga
North of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley
Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan
Forget You by Jennifer Echols
Touch by Jus Accardo (coming out in November---yes, I totally read the ARC, you all will love it!)
Dreamland by Sarah Dessen
Hourglass by Myra McEntire
Into the Wild Nerd Yonder by Julie Halpern
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Story of A Girl by Sara Zarr
Hushed by Kelley York (coming out in December--I'm trying to convince Kelley to let me giveaway an ARC of this with the I LOVE DARK YA blogfest--fingers crossed!)