Thursday, August 4, 2011

Heading Out...LA or Bust

Today is the day, duckies. My very first writing conference ever starts tomorrow and I am heading to Los Angeles this afternoon. Hooray! I'm bringing my computer, but will likely not be blogging. I will be too busy stalking meeting John Green. I will post pictures upon my return. With any luck, they won't be all blurry (but I'll be with my friend Carrie, so I think we can safely assume some wine will be consumed).

There is evidently a pajama party happening during the conference. All the IL SCBWI members are supposed to be wearing pink sleep masks with "SCBWI Illinois" written in glitter on them. Er, I have nothing to say to this. I sleep in my clothes at least 4 days a week. I have no sleep mask. I am lucky to have a place to stay (and yes, it's only because Carrie took care of it for me). I am going to pretend I'm from New Zealand and watch Alyssa Milano movies with Carrie instead of going to the jimjam party. Yes, it's anti-social but you know there will be cameras there, and I'm not letting anyone take photos of me in my pjs. That stuff always ends up on Facebook.

By the way, Jus won the copy of Lena Roy's EDGES. I'll email you with the info. The EPIC book giveaway winner will be announced on Monday when I return. Thanks to all you new followers. I'm glad you found me, even if it is only to get free stuff.

Carrie and I like Kermit and Fozzy--heading for the bright lights of Hollywood

15 comments:

AliyaPM said...

That sounds like so much fun! Have a great time!

Lucy V Morgan said...

Have fun! Still jealous.

carey farrell said...

have an amazing time!

KO: The Insect Collector said...

ohh- have fun, and so awesome that you're hanging out with NZ Carrie. I am totally envious.

Heather said...

Bummer, I wanted to see though pajama party photos. :( LOL! Yeah, I wouldn't go either for fear of that! Have fun and best of luck!

Pk Hrezo said...

Have fun! Wish I could be there... maybe next year! Cheers!

Stephsco said...

I read John Green's twitter feed and he just had surgery. Wondering if he's still planning to be there? I haven't joined SCBWI yet, but I live in IL, too. Very cool that you have some companions to meet with when you're there.

erica and christy said...

Wow, when you go to your first conference, you really go to A CONFERENCE!!! Have loads of fun (and some wine!)!
erica

Aubrie said...

Good luck at the conference! :)

Mandie Baxter said...

HAVE FUN!!!!!

Corey Schwartz said...

Oh, have fun! Can't wait to hear about it!

Talli Roland said...

That sounds FANTASTIC! Have an amazing time and be sure to take loads of photos.

The East Coaster said...

So crazy jealous! Have fun and take lots of pictures. Which workshops are you planning on hitting up?

ali said...

DUDE. I am SO MISSING OUT. All the cool people are going to be at SCBWI! And I was *this* close to going. *palm/forehead*. Wahhhh!!! I wish I were there!

Julie said...

Wooooo! Yay for writing conferences!