Monday, August 22, 2011

It's Monday---What Are You Reading?


I have 8 manuscripts in my inbox, but this week, I'm also hoping to tackle:

Chloe's older sister, Ruby, is the girl everyone looks to and longs for, who can't be captured or caged. When a night with Ruby's friends goes horribly wrong and Chloe discovers the dead body of her classmate London Hayes left floating in the reservoir, Chloe is sent away from town and away from Ruby.

But Ruby will do anything to get her sister back, and when Chloe returns to town two years later, deadly surprises await. As Chloe flirts with the truth that Ruby has hidden deeply away, the fragile line between life and death is redrawn by the complex bonds of sisterhood.




Tessa has just months to live. Fighting back against hospital visits, endless tests, drugs with excruciating side-effects, Tessa compiles a list. It’s her To Do Before I Die list. And number one is Sex. Released from the constraints of ‘normal’ life, Tessa tastes new experiences to make her feel alive while her failing body struggles to keep up. Tessa’s feelings, her relationships with her father and brother, her estranged mother, her best friend, and her new boyfriend, all are painfully crystallised in the precious weeks before Tessa’s time finally runs out

13 comments:

Kristan said...

Ooo, Before I Die sounds good... Sad, but good.

Tara Tyler said...

i like the sound of before i die too. sounds like a good WE movie.

i'm reading Divergent by Veronica Roth, but Hunger Games is a hard act to follow...

Talli Roland said...

Love that first cover! Gorgeous. Happy Monday!

J. A. Bennett said...

That first one sounds creepy good!

E.R. King said...

Look at those covers, fantastic! I hope you get to read them...and then tell us about them! I want more good book suggestions. My "must read" list is dwindling.

M.J. Fifield said...

Those two books sounds very interesting. The cover of the first one is gorgeous!

Rachel said...

I've heard great things about Imaginary Girls. I just finished reading Daughter of Smoke & Bone and *loved* it. Probably going to read Rick Yancey's The Curse of the Wendigo next...

Mandie Baxter said...

I am Number Four and tomorrow The Power of Six!
I'm dying to read Imaginary Girls.

Heather said...

Wow, that's a lot of reading! Power to you! Looks like a few great books though. :) I'm reading Twenty-Eight and a Half Wishes by Denise Grover Swank and am loving it. It made me laugh so hard I cried. Highly recommend it!

KO: The Insect Collector said...

Oooh- these sound very interesting. I'm reading Leviathan on my own, and just finished The Incredible Journey of Edward Tulane with the Boys. It's a doozy.

Sophia said...

I've heard only the best things about Imaginary Girls! And Before I Die sounds so sad. I hope you enjoy both books when you get to them!

Alexis Bass Writes said...

My GOODNESS, Before I Die sounds depressing. Imaginary Girls gave me the chills. Can't wait to hear what you think. I'm re-reading Tuck Everlasting because I needed some happy in my life after finishing FORBIDDEN (which I highly recommend).

A.L. Sonnichsen said...

Let me know what you think of BEFORE I DIE after you read it. That story is still sticking to me!!

Amy