1. It's never a good idea to feed your children donuts before taking them to a wave pool.
2. In Minnesota, they have pianos in the street. My son doesn't want to practice on these any more than he does on ours.
|My son is the one reading his book, pretending the piano doesn't exist.|
3. It takes 30 minutes to get anywhere in Minnesota. So we've gotten to know the inside of the car pretty well. (Sweet Lord, please do not let someone step on poop and bring it in).
4. They have a museum where you can give yourself electrical shocks (a science museum called the Bakken). Here's Patric after 90 minutes in that place.
|Don't mind me, my face hasn't moved, but I'm fine, really.|
5. We've been to a book store with rats, cats, birds, ferrets, chickens, and a chinchilla. The kids loved it. I couldn't help but wonder how Maggie Stiefvater would feel knowing a chicken was sitting on top of the book display of all her books.
6. My aunt's dog suffers from anxiety attacks and is on daily doses of Prozac. He gets startled easily and really doesn't like any sudden movements. Luckily, I brought 3 small children. No sudden movements there. (ahem)
What fun things are you all doing this week? Anyone going to WriteOnCon? Lots of great stuff happening over there. Also, don't forget that next week, I'm "talking to the teen" so hit me with any teen questions you have.