So my visit to the high school radio station was in a word AWESOME. I did leave realizing that I had to do some major rewriting based on new technology but other than that, it was exactly what I expected it to be, even the 37 boy to 4 girl ratio of the staff. Perfect. Truly. And everyone was SUPER nice and accommodating and they even sent me home with SWAG.
I would like to think that my book will do for high school radio stations what Glee has done for show choirs. Carrie assures me that once it comes out, those 37 boys will not know what hits them because the girls will come a'running. I hope that is true. But in the back of my mind, I can't help but think of scenarios where things did not turn out so well.
Which leads me to today's blog post topic: TOP 5 PISSED-OFF TEXTS FROM PEOPLE WHO ENDED UP WITH SUCK INSTEAD OF AWESOME
1. Dear Tiger Mom: Your citizenship has been revoked. That shit was supposed to remain on the down low. Regards, China
2. Dear Lady Gaga: You told us you were having a bbq. Your credit is no longer good here. Regretfully, The LA Butcher
3. Dear Judd Nelson: I thought you said that you had kicked the meth habit? Sincerely, The Breakfast Club
4. Dear Tiger Woods: We told you to stick with TGIFriday's or at the very least, Applebee's. Perkins is notoriously indiscreet. Looks like you'll be screwed twice, Your Sponsors
5. Dear Kesha, We will sadly not be able to recycle this glitter. Rolling around in it naked puts it a smidge beyond the "gently used" category in our minds. Hope you find another method of disposal, Every Nursery School In America