Wednesday, April 20, 2011

R is for Resign...and Revise

So my friend Bruce told me that all my writerly stuff on my blog for the A to Z blogfest was sterile. Thank God someone finally said something. I have been feeling this way for the past 14 letters. So glad I am not the only one who has noticed my plunge into the land of Suck. 

Done with A to Z blogfest. Sorry. Blogfest fail.

I am not a joiner sadly. And as per usual, I can't stick with anything that limits my ability to publicly humiliate myself. Also, this blogging is sucking major time out of my WIP revision schedule. Bottom line: I have not been able to procrastinate adequately on my WIP and I blame blogging. 

Let's give it up for me getting past F.

Speaking of humiliation, it is time to get back to that action. I will try to come up with something good for Exercise in Humiliation Friday. Stay tuned.

In the meantime, I will tell you five things about my week so far and you can guess which one of these did not happen:

1. A homeless woman asked me how many blocks were 15 M-I-L-E-S (she spelled it out) and then got mad at me when I gave her my el card and told her it would take her too long to walk to the shelter she was trying to get to (I saw the sheet--truly 15.8 miles away). 
2. I have eaten no white foods with the exception of cauliflower this week because I purchased a book on Amazon that promises a good body and a 15 minute orgasm if I refrain from white food consumption.
3. I got a kettlebell so I could have Michelle Obama arms and threw my back out after the second rep.
4. I wrote one revised chapter of my WIP and then sent it to Carrie because I am the NEEDIEST CP EVER and I am totally waiting for her to send me a letter breaking up with me.
5. I read a manuscript submission this week about a sexy gargoyle and have been looking longingly at tall buildings all week.

So which one of these didn't happen????  

13 comments:

erica and christy said...

I have no idea, but I think this might be one of the best posts I've ever read.

2??
erica

anthony stemke said...

The kettlebell?

Carrie said...

I hope it's the white foods thing, because otherwise you had better ask for your money back.

You are not needy! You are lovely. There is no way I'm breaking up with you. You're stuck with me.

Stina Lindenblatt said...

Are you kidding? I didn't even get to A. All of you who participated amazed me. :D

Anonymous said...

I vote for the kettleball, I can conceive of the allure of a 15 minute orgasm, although, who has time for that ;o)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Haha! I say number two is the false statement, although...a 15-minute orgasm is a hell of a dangled carrot...!

I'm feeling the A-Z burn too. Ugh, make it May 1st already!

Misha Gerrick said...

Glad I got here to say congrats on getting this far!

I'm with Nicole on this one. I'd pay anything for a book promising 15 min orgasms AND a good body. But... when something is too good to be true, it usually is. So I think that's the untruth.

;-)

Paige said...

Let me know about that white food thing, that would be worth it! I say 4, you only worked on half a chapter of your WIP??

moljoe said...

#3 You're much too busy and smart to worry about having Michelle's arms...yours are strong from years of baby carrying...now, let's talk about that 15 minute O!

Jeff Beesler said...

Well, you almost made it to the end of the A-Z Challenge. Kudos for getting as far as you did! I admit there have been times when I felt the burnout (last weekend being a prime example.) But there will be other challenges I'm sure you'll overcome in the course of your writing journey. Glad to meet you!

nutschell said...

I hear ya. The A_Z blogfest really is time consuming, but it has been fun getting to know other blogs and meeting great bloggers. Revision and your WIP should always come first!
Great meeting you through the A-Z!

nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com

Unknown said...

Could you please post the link to the book promising the 15 minute O? hehehehe